EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES AT SBH
At Sephardic Bikur Holim, we work with our dedicated team volunteers and staff members to help those in need. If you’re interested in joining our mission, please see our current job openings and submit your application.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinator (Full-time)
The Program Coordinator oversees multiple social services divisions within the organization, with approximately 6 direct reports.
A newly restructured position within the organization, the Program Coordinator will be a member of the senior leadership team and act as the central figure directing the programmatic portfolio ensuring excellence, innovation and sustainability. The Program Coordinator will provide the creativity, authority, management and implementation necessary to ensure that the organization has the mission focused programming, partnerships and services to meet near-term and strategic objectives. Further, the successful candidate will understand, reflect and uphold core values of a person-centered approach to services.
In addition to ensuring the effectiveness of existing programs, the Program Coordinator will be expected to possess an entrepreneurial mindset to grow programs or develop new opportunities within the scope of each particular division. S/he will be tasked with turning ideas into action. As part of the leadership team, the Program Coordinator will contribute to an agency culture of collaboration to partner with other team members, as well as serve as an advocate for the programmatic needs, requests, and goals of the division directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
• Lead and manage programmatic operations and ensure that the expectations of stakeholders (clients, community, funders, and staff) are met
• Develop & lead a high performance team that is mission-focused, collaborative and constantly striving to improve its services
• Communicate a compelling vision based on the organization’s mission
• Develop a team-based environment for staff, providing for development, collaboration and well informed decision-making; fostering a supportive work environment in which to thrive
• Provide expertise and advice to staff in order to facilitate collaboration and partnerships with multiple stakeholders
• Assist division directors (in conjunction with the CFO) in developing and monitoring annual program budgets
• Design, implement and continually improve SBH’s programming model using evidence-based best practices
• Use evaluative approaches to oversee the integration and evaluation of its programs
• Bring a creative problem-solving approach to program management while ensuring that the necessary planning is undertaken for smooth programmatic operations and expansion
• Establish program goals with a corresponding comprehensive dashboard, to be shared and utilized organization wide for tracking results, successes and opportunities for adjustments
• Ensure that programs and services contribute to and reflect SBH’s mission, core values and priorities
• Use logic models for developing new programs, recommending new opportunities, and evaluating outcomes
Skill and Education Required:
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, vibrant senior executive with a proven track record of leadership experience in a complex environment. The Program Coordinator must be a creative, resourceful thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions to mission related challenges.
Specifically, the success profile of this candidate will include:
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams to produce successful outcomes at a nonprofit organization
• A record of achievement as an innovator with hands-on program experience, ideally in similar or related sector
• A highly effective and skilled communicator; a good listener; actively seeks opinions of others in decision-making; consultative; able to inspire confidence and trust
• Ability to motivate and inspire others
• Ability to balance a creative approach with the need to develop and follow a plan
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with data tracking software
• Recognized as a developer of people, someone who cultivates teamwork as a fundamental organizational practice
• Strong emotional intelligence to be able to handle pressure and respond to needs of others under pressure
• Seven to ten years’ experience
• Advanced degree preferred
For more information or to apply contact email@example.com
Assistant to the Director of Development (Full-time)
The Assistant to the Director of Development will assist the director to cultivate and solicit donors for our organization. The Assistant will manage mail/online/email communications with donors.
- Database/record management
- Assistant will also work on accounts receivable management and follow up
- Person must be hyper organized and computer proficient
- Will be required to create and maintain excel spreadsheets and power-point presentations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Monday -Thursday 9 AM-5:30 PM and Friday 9 AM-2 PM
- Person must be available to work in Brooklyn in the Winter and from Deal, NJ in the Summer
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Center Director (Full-time)
The Counseling Center Director is responsible for all of our Article 31 Counseling Center’s operations. He/she will contribute to an agency culture of collaboration to partner with other team members, as well as serve as an advocate for the programmatic needs, requests, and goals of the Counseling Center.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the counseling center, ensuring same day access, centralized scheduling and use of collaborative documentation
- Liaison with Executive Director in all critical areas of operation
- Coordinate compliance in all areas of clinical policy and procedure
- Monitor program adherence to Agency, funding source and regulatory requirements. Implement and enforce all regulatory standards as they relate to the NYS Office of Mental Health
- Develop and implement strategies to assure that Counseling Center program maintains the highest level of certification/license
- Supervise and evaluate full-time, part-time, fee-for-service, and support staff
- Oversee admissions process
- Review treatment plans
- Provide direct care services as needed
- Train and oversee staff in the maintenance of clinical records in compliance with the State Office of Mental Health
- Provide agency and in-service training; promote staff development to ensure Counseling Center staff possesses core competencies to effectively treat youth and adults with complex treatment needs including co-occurring disorders, risk factors for continued justice involvement, and past histories of poor engagement in mental health disorders
- Develop and manage the Counseling Center’s annual operational budget, ensuring contractual compliance, fostering and maintaining good relations with professional and local community, and giving special attention to access to services, treatment engagement and verification of eligibility and billing performance
- Oversee Counseling Center billing
- Implement outcome measuring for the benefit of clients, as well as clinical staff to ensure optimal management of Counseling Center
- Provide oversight to quality assurance team to ensure compliance with review of clinic cases
Coordinate with other agency services and clinic staff to ensure meeting clients’ needs
- Address staffing issues including hiring, staff development and staffing concerns
- Address insurance credentialing and other insurance issues
- Participation in committees responsible for quality assurance, incident management and utilization review
- Review and/or supervise any counseling center emergency on as-needed basis
- Provide ongoing evaluations of service delivery
- Responsible for community outreach efforts to develop and expand census through the implementation of effective linkages and organizational relationships; familiarity with PAR submission to OMH for increase of census
- Provide supervision to identify and support Counseling Center risk management
- Oversee an implementation of an Electronic health record
- Ensure that the Counseling Center stays up to date on treatment, healthcare, and criminal justice reforms and changes; liaison with criminal justice and community providers
- Responsible for Incident Report submission
- Coordinate and work with maintenance to address facilities concerns
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervisory experience
- Demonstrated past history of executive managerial ability
- Knowledge of NYS OMH Regulations for Article 31 Clinics
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to liaison with all levels of internal/external mental health professionals, active lay leadership, and active board of directors
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com
Social Work Supervisor
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time fee for service social work supervisor to work within the mental health clinic.
- A current LCSW license as an LCSW in the State of New York
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong clinical group, family and individual intervention skills required.
- Good organizational, team work and communicate skills needed.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally to diverse audiences, with knowledge, diplomacy, tact, patience, flexibility, and courtesy.
- Must adhere strictly to issues of confidentiality.
- Shows proficiency in use of electronic health record and keeps a thorough log of all contacts
- Provide individual supervision to social work staff, supervise crisis management and provide clinical and administrative coverage of clinic,
- Ensure compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards.
- Other clinical and administrative duties, as assigned
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: MHC Social Work Supervisor
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time psychiatric nurse practitioner to work within the mental health clinic.
- A Nurse Practitioner degree with specialized training or experience in Psychiatry. A current license to practice as a nurse practitioner in the State of New York. A current DEA registration for the prescribing of controlled substances. ANCC certification or pending application is required. NYS OPRA (Ordering/Prescribing/Referring/Attending) status approved or application pending required and a Health Commerce Account in place by the onset of employment. The former is needed to prescribe to clients with Medicaid, the latter is needed to adhere to NYS I-STOP law.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. In most cases psychotherapy is provided by other clinicians. On occasion, when in the best interest of the client and when consistent with program staffing, these services are also provided by the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
- Monitor client progress; recommend discharge and aftercare planning.
- Participate in practice improvement projects that benefit the clients and program.
- Sign and abide by the provisions of at least one Collaborative Practice Agreement with a psychiatrist employed by Sephardic Bikur Holim
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject: MHC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner