EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES AT SBH
At Sephardic Bikur Holim, we work with our dedicated team volunteers and staff members to help those in need. If you’re interested in joining our mission, please see our current job openings and submit your application.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Receptionist (Part-time, 3 months)
Needed to start ASAP. Hours are Tuesday, Thursday, 9 AM- 5 PM and Fridays 9 AM – closing. Must be well-spoken and computer proficient.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com
Office Manager & Coordinator (Part-time)
MHR is looking to hire a manager to coordinate connections to outside resources and support systems, and promote community involvement through on-going outreach and education.
- Conduct regular follow-up with callers who received referrals.
- Maintain timely and accurate records, case files and data base entries.
- Prepare agendas for meetings; record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Coordinate, monitor, and/or supervise the activities of assigned volunteers.
- Answer and manage incoming calls making appropriate referrals to other agencies or interventions, if required.
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint a must
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Office Manager
Entitlements Specialist Coordinator (Full time)
- Ensuring individuals who participate in other agency divisions (client services, senior division, mental health clinic) in obtaining and maintaining their Entitlements.
- Training and supervising agency social workers and volunteers to enable clients to participate in government entitlements
- Monitoring changes in government benefits to enhance the well-being of clients
- Providing referrals to state and local public human service agencies for government entitlements
- Assisting clients in making informed decisions, completing forms, paperwork and documentation collection.
- Advocacy for attainment and delivery of entitlement benefits and services
- Will be involved in screening/determination of individual’s eligibility for full range government benefits. Will also assist in securing and/or recertification of these benefits- Medicare and Medicare Part D enrollment, Medicare Savings Program, Food Stamps, Social security and supplemental security income, SCRIE/DRIE, Unemployment Benefits, Medicaid/Homecare/MLTC enrollment, HEAP.
- Using AWARDS systems to upload documentation
- Interfacing with clients and calling government agencies on an as needed basis
- Community Outreach and education
- Must have extensive knowledge of government entitlements programs and eligibility requirements.
- Familiarity with the Jewish Orthodox population
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full-time salaried position – commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a resume with subject “Entitlements Specialist” to email@example.com
Assistant to the Director of Volunteers (Part-time in New Jersey)
The Tawil Family Jersey Shore Branch is seeking a friendly, computer and social media savvy individual to assist in all aspects of the non profit’s programs. Strong organization and communications skills a must. Warm and friendly work atmosphere. 20 hours per week including assisting programs.
Job duties include: maintaining budget reports for all programs, coordinating the location for each event with any outside organizations/vendors, maintaining an events calendar, scheduling and prepping for meetings with the volunteers, assuring that all materials and props are ready for each event, maintaining contact lists, updating our social media accounts, taking notes at meetings and organizing each program for efficiency purposes, engaging with volunteers and making sure any appreciation notes or gifts are delivered.
To apply, please submit a resume to Loren@sbhonline.org with the subject: Assistant to Director of Volunteers
Senior Services Case Manager
The Senior Services Division of SBH is seeking a part-time case manager to work with our senior population.
- Candidate should be able to carry an active case load of 10- 15 cases and be able to provide individual counseling.
- Candidate should have LMHC, LMSW or CSW with at least 3-5 years relevant experience; preferably having worked with the geriatric population.
- Candidate must be able to work well with clients, develop a rapport and relationship with our senior clients while adhering strictly to our confidentiality regulations.
- Candidate must be able to report data from sessions into the AWARDS system.
- Candidate should be able to do community outreach; identifying seniors who can utilize these services and should be able to track progress and meet deliverables while reporting to the Director of Senior Services on progress.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: SSD Case Manager
Social Work Supervisor
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time fee for service social work supervisor to work within the mental health clinic.
- A current LCSW license as an LCSW in the State of New York
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong clinical group, family and individual intervention skills required.
- Good organizational, team work and communicate skills needed.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally to diverse audiences, with knowledge, diplomacy, tact, patience, flexibility, and courtesy.
- Must adhere strictly to issues of confidentiality.
- Shows proficiency in use of electronic health record and keeps a thorough log of all contacts
- Provide individual supervision to social work staff, supervise crisis management and provide clinical and administrative coverage of clinic,
- Ensure compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards.
- Other clinical and administrative duties, as assigned
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject: MHC Social Work Supervisor
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time psychiatric nurse practitioner to work within the mental health clinic.
- A Nurse Practitioner degree with specialized training or experience in Psychiatry. A current license to practice as a nurse practitioner in the State of New York. A current DEA registration for the prescribing of controlled substances. ANCC certification or pending application is required. NYS OPRA (Ordering/Prescribing/Referring/Attending) status approved or application pending required and a Health Commerce Account in place by the onset of employment. The former is needed to prescribe to clients with Medicaid, the latter is needed to adhere to NYS I-STOP law.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. In most cases psychotherapy is provided by other clinicians. On occasion, when in the best interest of the client and when consistent with program staffing, these services are also provided by the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
- Monitor client progress; recommend discharge and aftercare planning.
- Participate in practice improvement projects that benefit the clients and program.
- Sign and abide by the provisions of at least one Collaborative Practice Agreement with a psychiatrist employed by Sephardic Bikur Holim
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: MHC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Part-Time Resume Writer
The Career Services division is hiring a part-time resume writer to work 15-20 hours per week.
To apply, please contact email@example.com with subject: Resume Writer