EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES AT SBH
At Sephardic Bikur Holim, we work with our dedicated team volunteers and staff members to help those in need. If you’re interested in joining our mission, please see our current job openings and submit your application.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant to the Director of Development (Full-time)
The Assistant to the Director of Development will assist the director to cultivate and solicit donors for our organization. The Assistant will manage mail/online/email communications with donors.
- Database/record management
- Assistant will also work on accounts receivable management and follow up
- Person must be hyper organized and computer proficient
- Will be required to create and maintain excel spreadsheets and power-point presentations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Monday -Thursday 9 AM-5:30 PM and Friday 9 AM-2 PM
- Person must be available to work in Brooklyn in the Winter and from Deal, NJ in the Summer
For more information or to apply contact email@example.com
Director of Volunteers (Full-time)
This person is responsible for the engagement of volunteers and will be responsible for volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, and creation of new volunteer opportunities. The Director of Volunteers will need to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals while ensuring the volunteer has a meaningful experience.
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers
- Develop, promote, and maintain a steady volunteer base
- Design and implement year-round schedule of volunteer needs and activities, and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as needed and when requested
- Engage children and young adults in SBH programming
- Develop leadership skills in the next generation of SBH and community leaders
- Develop partnerships with our community schools and other community organizations Arrange for appropriate training when needed Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Review client needs and assign appropriate volunteers
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program
- Attend in-service trainings and assist with coordination if requested
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events Attend conferences/seminars/meetings
- Develop and maintain volunteer service descriptions for specific assignments.
- Organize and implement volunteer feedback form, using data to create best practices for future volunteer opportunities Maintain database with accurate records and provide timely reports on volunteer participation
- Perform other duties within department as assigned
- Supervise the Volunteer Coordinator
Competencies & Education Required
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
- High school diploma plus a minimum of three years of community engagement experience
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail and ability to produce accurate results
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Special Requirements: Must be able to work in Deal, NJ for the summer Must be available for occasional nights and Sundays
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Center Director (Full-time)
The Counseling Center Director is responsible for all of our Article 31 Counseling Center’s operations. He/she will contribute to an agency culture of collaboration to partner with other team members, as well as serve as an advocate for the programmatic needs, requests, and goals of the Counseling Center.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the counseling center, ensuring same day access, centralized scheduling and use of collaborative documentation
- Liaison with Executive Director in all critical areas of operation
- Coordinate compliance in all areas of clinical policy and procedure
- Monitor program adherence to Agency, funding source and regulatory requirements. Implement and enforce all regulatory standards as they relate to the NYS Office of Mental Health
- Develop and implement strategies to assure that Counseling Center program maintains the highest level of certification/license
- Supervise and evaluate full-time, part-time, fee-for-service, and support staff
- Oversee admissions process
- Review treatment plans
- Provide direct care services as needed
- Train and oversee staff in the maintenance of clinical records in compliance with the State Office of Mental Health
- Provide agency and in-service training; promote staff development to ensure Counseling Center staff possesses core competencies to effectively treat youth and adults with complex treatment needs including co-occurring disorders, risk factors for continued justice involvement, and past histories of poor engagement in mental health disorders
- Develop and manage the Counseling Center’s annual operational budget, ensuring contractual compliance, fostering and maintaining good relations with professional and local community, and giving special attention to access to services, treatment engagement and verification of eligibility and billing performance
- Oversee Counseling Center billing
- Implement outcome measuring for the benefit of clients, as well as clinical staff to ensure optimal management of Counseling Center
- Provide oversight to quality assurance team to ensure compliance with review of clinic cases
Coordinate with other agency services and clinic staff to ensure meeting clients’ needs
- Address staffing issues including hiring, staff development and staffing concerns
- Address insurance credentialing and other insurance issues
- Participation in committees responsible for quality assurance, incident management and utilization review
- Review and/or supervise any counseling center emergency on as-needed basis
- Provide ongoing evaluations of service delivery
- Responsible for community outreach efforts to develop and expand census through the implementation of effective linkages and organizational relationships; familiarity with PAR submission to OMH for increase of census
- Provide supervision to identify and support Counseling Center risk management
- Oversee an implementation of an Electronic health record
- Ensure that the Counseling Center stays up to date on treatment, healthcare, and criminal justice reforms and changes; liaison with criminal justice and community providers
- Responsible for Incident Report submission
- Coordinate and work with maintenance to address facilities concerns
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervisory experience
- Demonstrated past history of executive managerial ability
- Knowledge of NYS OMH Regulations for Article 31 Clinics
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to liaison with all levels of internal/external mental health professionals, active lay leadership, and active board of directors
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com
Geriatric Social Worker (Full-time)
The Lorraine and Louis Shamie Senior Services Division is looking to hire a full time Geriatric Social Worker. This social worker will be responsible for providing counseling to seniors, providing case management and creating treatment plans while working closely with volunteers and other professionals. Candidate should be able to carry an active case load of 15 cases to begin.
- LMHC, LMSW or CSW
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably having worked with the geriatric population
- Candidate must be able to work well with clients, develop a rapport and relationship with our senior clients while adhering strictly to our confidentiality regulations.
- Candidate must be able to report data from sessions into the AWARDS system.
- Candidate should be able to do community outreach, identifying seniors who can utilize these services and should be able to track progress and meet deliverables while reporting to the Director of Senior Services on progress.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Work Supervisor
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time fee for service social work supervisor to work within the mental health clinic.
- A current LCSW license as an LCSW in the State of New York
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong clinical group, family and individual intervention skills required.
- Good organizational, team work and communicate skills needed.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally to diverse audiences, with knowledge, diplomacy, tact, patience, flexibility, and courtesy.
- Must adhere strictly to issues of confidentiality.
- Shows proficiency in use of electronic health record and keeps a thorough log of all contacts
- Provide individual supervision to social work staff, supervise crisis management and provide clinical and administrative coverage of clinic,
- Ensure compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards.
- Other clinical and administrative duties, as assigned
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject: MHC Social Work Supervisor
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time psychiatric nurse practitioner to work within the mental health clinic.
- A Nurse Practitioner degree with specialized training or experience in Psychiatry. A current license to practice as a nurse practitioner in the State of New York. A current DEA registration for the prescribing of controlled substances. ANCC certification or pending application is required. NYS OPRA (Ordering/Prescribing/Referring/Attending) status approved or application pending required and a Health Commerce Account in place by the onset of employment. The former is needed to prescribe to clients with Medicaid, the latter is needed to adhere to NYS I-STOP law.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. In most cases psychotherapy is provided by other clinicians. On occasion, when in the best interest of the client and when consistent with program staffing, these services are also provided by the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
- Monitor client progress; recommend discharge and aftercare planning.
- Participate in practice improvement projects that benefit the clients and program.
- Sign and abide by the provisions of at least one Collaborative Practice Agreement with a psychiatrist employed by Sephardic Bikur Holim
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: MHC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner