EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES AT SBH
At Sephardic Bikur Holim, we work with our dedicated team volunteers and staff members to help those in need. If you’re interested in joining our mission, please see our current job openings and submit your application.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Support Job Description
- Assist with updating doctor information by calling medical offices, rehab centers, hospitals and getting accurate insurance info, hospital affiliation, office locations, contact info, sub-specialties and associates.
- Assist in planning networking events.
- Research and connect with other organizations to assist in gathering additional helpful resources for clients.
- Assist with creating and update resource guide.
- Answer referral phone calls and respond to inquiry or direct call appropriately.
- Assist with logging calls on database and assist with tracking all other Medstar data including referrals.
- Responsible for implementing managing doctor surveys and patient feedback including mailings.
- Assist in event planning for Medstar lectures, workshops and screenings (such as – skin screening, mammography screening, hearing screenings, Flu shots, CPR Classes, Birth matters workshop, health lectures – Parkinson, sports injuries, allergies, Mind-Gut connection and others ).
- Create and prepare event agenda, schedules, setting up, sign in sheets, evaluation forms.
- Responsible for holiday gifts for doctors and patient advocates.
- Manage and update Medstar database and website.
- Provide administrative support to Medstar staff.
- Attend supervision and team meetings.
Familiarity with Orthodox Jewish Population
Full time position
Send resumes to email@example.com
Social Work Supervisor
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time fee for service social work supervisor to work within the mental health clinic.
- A current LCSW license as an LCSW in the State of New York
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong clinical group, family and individual intervention skills required.
- Good organizational, team work and communicate skills needed.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally to diverse audiences, with knowledge, diplomacy, tact, patience, flexibility, and courtesy.
- Must adhere strictly to issues of confidentiality.
- Shows proficiency in use of electronic health record and keeps a thorough log of all contacts
- Provide individual supervision to social work staff, supervise crisis management and provide clinical and administrative coverage of clinic,
- Ensure compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards.
- Other clinical and administrative duties, as assigned
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: MHC Social Work Supervisor
Evening Receptionist (Part-time)
SBH is seeking a bright, capable and computer proficient receptionist . Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:30 PM – 8 PM, Tuesday 4:30 PM-9:00 PM. Option for Sunday hours.
- Friendly, confident phone personality, clear speaking voice
- Multi-tasking capability a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Greet clients & visitors, answer phones, file, maintain records, copying, collating, and faxing
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook & Internet a must.
For more information or to apply contact email@example.com
Position Summary: Responsible for upkeep & maintenance of buildings’ interior and exterior
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to building exterior/interior
- Sets up conference rooms as needed per daily schedule of meetings and events.
- Receive items for Food Pantry. Stock Food Pantry shelves as necessary.
- Walk through buildings twice daily to ensure the hallways are clutter-free and bathrooms are clean, clutter-free and contain supplies.
- Perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards.
- Perform custodial duties as required.
- Prepare trash for pick-up.
- Perform minor repairs of buildings and equipment.
- Perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, minor electrical, or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining and repairing the building
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Clean and inspects boiler; treat water with proper chemicals.
- Calibrate and repairs pneumatic systems.
- Replace broken windows; repair doors, door locks and closets; install window blinds.
- Inspect electrical wiring and equipment; replace and repair wiring as needed or calls a professional to do so.
- Deliver items to our various buildings in Brooklyn, NY and Deal, NJ
- Other tasks as needed
Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Mental Health Clinic is looking for a part time psychiatric nurse practitioner to work within the mental health clinic.
- A Nurse Practitioner degree with specialized training or experience in Psychiatry. A current license to practice as a nurse practitioner in the State of New York. A current DEA registration for the prescribing of controlled substances. ANCC certification or pending application is required. NYS OPRA (Ordering/Prescribing/Referring/Attending) status approved or application pending required and a Health Commerce Account in place by the onset of employment. The former is needed to prescribe to clients with Medicaid, the latter is needed to adhere to NYS I-STOP law.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. In most cases psychotherapy is provided by other clinicians. On occasion, when in the best interest of the client and when consistent with program staffing, these services are also provided by the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
- Monitor client progress; recommend discharge and aftercare planning.
- Participate in practice improvement projects that benefit the clients and program.
- Sign and abide by the provisions of at least one Collaborative Practice Agreement with a psychiatrist employed by Sephardic Bikur Holim
To apply, please download this form and submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject: MHC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Food Pantry Aid
The Food Pantry Aide assists in Food Pantry functioning and flow of activities.
- Brings food items from delivery trucks into pantry.
- Stocks shelves.
- Picks up items from local schools and other local institutions.
- Handles all food distribution for both clients picking up and receiving deliveries.
- Works with volunteers for packaging all non-perishables and perishables.
- Performs special tasks as needed.
Lifting 50 lbs, sorting, carrying boxes.
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org