Caring for the Mind & Body
As the community’s resource for emotional and mental wellness, we help children, adolescents, adults and families through therapeutic counseling services and professional referrals. The SBH Counseling Center, Mental Health Resource and Crisis Intervention aim to strengthen, heal and provide resources to meet the mental health needs of all ages.
MHR runs a mental health referral line, as well as preventive and educational programs to promote emotional well-being. MHR serves the community with sensitivity, confidentiality and the expertise to seek out the best care available.
- Referral Service – 718-787-1300 MHR has an extensive database of hundreds of top professionals in various mental health fields whom are utilized as part of our referral service. These include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and more.
- Knowledge Network – Through book discussions, lectures, panel events and workshops, our mental health professionals provide education on various timely issues ranging from parenting, relationships, eating disorders, stress, anxiety etc.
- Support Groups –Knowing you are not alone can be a great source of comfort through life’s difficulties. In order to enable our community members to go on with their lives, we offer a safe environment to deal with a range of experiences. MHR organizes a number support groups led by mental health professionals. We are always open to launching new support groups upon request.
- Relating With Respect – Through in-school workshops, this initiative will guide students to make healthier relationship choices. Through short video clips and group breakout sessions, we aim to empower young adults as they explore mutual respect within relationships.
- Courage to Heal Abuse Helpline – 718-787-1300 Our professionals provide support for victims of domestic, sexual and emotional abuse, through our confidential and anonymous helpline. Our trained staff offers guidance, courage and emotional support to enable callers to begin the healing process. In addition, we run private and public “Talking Matters” workshops on how to prevent sexual abuse.
- The Susan Falack a”h Library – The MHR library features hundreds of books on topics of various mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, eating disorders, as well as parenting, spirituality and self-help. We also have a children’s section. Feel free to stop by during the library’s open hours to borrow any book of your choice, free of charge.
“ I was lost in a sea of despair. Thanks to the priceless guidance and care of my therapist, I have now started on the road of reclaiming my life back. ”
“ Thank you so much for putting on such an important event for us. The speakers did a really great job of broaching a really difficult topic and I believe everyone walked away with a new perspective and new tools for building relationships with their children. ”
“ During the darkest period of our life, you pulled us out of what seems like and endless cycle of hardships and began to make sense of it all. ”
Joseph D. Beyda Counseling Center: 718-787-1600 x384